Your MumFest weekend includes buskers (street performers), ticketed and free music, entertainment for children, crafts, rides, and much more; entertainment that everyone will enjoy!! To learn about the Kickoff Concert click here.
Check out this year’s exciting new entertainment:
- the Xpogo Stunt Team, the world’s best extreme pogo demo crew, featuring championship pro athletes flying over 10 feet in the air on extreme pogo sticks throwing down flips and incredible tricks. Collectively the team holds 13 current Guinness World Records.
- 65′ catamaran, Joy Boy II, docked at Union Point Park will be available for cruising the Neuse.
- The Spin-Man, basketball handler extraordinaire, whose abilities rival the Harlem Globetrotters!!
- ,professional human statue, the Silver Drummer Girl.
Favorites from MumFest 2015 returning again in 2016 are:
- the Yo-Yo Guy with a yo-yo so big he can walk on it! An international sensation, the Yo-Yo Guy holds four Guinness World Records
- Alex Clark a world-traveled, circus-trained comedian who performs amazing juggling stunts.
- the high-flying Purina Dare Devil Dog Team made up of rescues perform astonishing free-style disc routines set to music;
- the Gabardine Sisters, Poly and Ester, and their interactive puppet show;
- favorite magician, Gary Shelton, entertains children of all ages with magic and comedy.
- amusement rides that the entire family will enjoy!
See the North Carolina Vietnam Helicopter Pilots Association’s 5 helicopters: 2 LOH’s; a Mike Model gunship; Cobra gunship; and a Medical Evacuation H-Model Life ship. And be sure to visit the Coastal Carolina Railroaders Model Train Exhibition including the Thomas the Train Exhibit.
Here are the musicians who will be joining MumFest 2016!
MumFest Musicians at the Bud Light Beer Garden Saturday, October 8 featuring Ryan Kinder
- The Static Drive is a local alternative rock, pop punk band that performs in Eastern NC. Members of The Static Drive are: Jesse Ray – Vocals and Guitar, Ian Felt – Bass. Performing at the Bud Light Beer Garden. Saturday: 11:00am-12:30pm.
- 4EverAll has performed up and down the Crystal Coast for several years and their first CD was released spring of 2015. It was recorded “Live” at Low Tide Studios in Wilmington, NC. 4EverAll performs many covers at their live shows, from Simon & Garfunkel to the Beatles, The Dave Matthews Band, Zack Brown, The Allman Brothers and Alison Krauss. The duo also puts an unexpected “female” twist on songs traditionally performed by male artists such as Led Zepplin, Bob Dylan, and Neil Young. Performing at the Bud Light Beer Garden. Saturday: 1:00pm-2:30pm.
- Caroline Dare is a 15 year old NC/Nashville, TN based singer/songwriter. She has been recognized by the Nashville Songwriters Association International (NSAI) as “One to Watch” for being a songwriter on the rise. She performs both acoustically and with her full band primarily in NC, SC, and Nashville. Performing at the Bud Light Beer Garden. Saturday: 3:00pm-4:30pm.
- Country and pop singer, Ryan Kinder, is also a songwriter, and multi-faceted musician who plays the guitar, piano and mandolin. From Nashville, Kinder has refined his songwriting skills by working with songwriting veterans like Jen Ketner and Luke Sheets. His debut album, Deconstructed Studio Sessions was released in 2016 and includes his popular single from 2013, “Tonight.” A second single “Kiss Me When I’m Down,” is a catchy and well-crafted song that was released in 2014. Performing at the Bud Light Beer Garden. Saturday: 5:00pm-6:30pm.
MumFest Musicians at the Bud Light Beer Garden Sunday, October 9 featuring Bryan Mayer
- Eastern North Carolina’s very own Bryan Mayer is a singer/songwriter whose live acoustical performances are extremely popular on the North and South Carolina music scene. His range includes James Taylor, Eric Clapton, Dave Mathews as well as his own originals. His song “This is Me,” was a Top 100 Country song that also broke into the Top 100 on the prestigious Music Row Charts based in Nashville. He has shared the stage with national acts ranging from southern rock legends like the Marshall Tucker Band and Blackfoot, to modern day chart toppers. Performing at the Bud Light Beer Garden. Sunday: 1:00pm-3:00pm.
- Magnolia Still is a 5-piece string band of bluegrass and Americana music with original sounds and fresh interpretations. The sound is made up of guitar, banjo, fiddle, upright bass, washboard, and rich 3 part harmonies. The Raleigh-Durham based band includes Meg Hamilton (lead vocals and washboard), Sarah Dunsmore (vocals and guitar), Caroline Venters (vocals and banjo), Cora Beth (fiddle), and Phil (bass, guitar, mandolin, vocals). Performing at the Bud Light Beer Garden. Sunday: 3:30pm-5:30pm.
Other MumFest Musicians
- New Bern Suzuki Strings is a group of talented violinists taught by concert violinist and teacher, Rachel Harmatuk Pino! Performing at Bank of the Arts. Saturday: 11:00am.
- ENCORE, is a Show Choir composed of students from Craven Community College. Performing at Bank of the Arts. Saturday: 12:30pm.
- Down East Dulcimers and Thursday Morn’ perform Old Time fiddle and dulcimer tunes, Civil War, Around the World, Bluegrass, George Washington, Shakespeare and Celtic. Performing at Bank of the Arts. Saturday: 1:45pm.
- Strung Together is the Oliver family musical group from New Bern’s Historic District. They play folk, old-time, Americana, spirituals, a bit of bluegrass and a dash of country–the common theme is that they are all songs they love. Performing at the Gazebo at CarolinaEast Union Point Park – Saturday: 11:30am and Sunday: 12:30pm. Performing at Bank of the Arts – Saturday: 3:00pm.
- The Rivertowne Players is performing a vocal selection from their current musical James and the Giant Peach, Jr. Rivertowne is a volunteer community theatre that performs at the Masonic Theatre in New Bern’s Historic District. Performing at the Gazebo at CarolinaEast Union Point Park. Saturday: 11:15am. Sunday: 1:45pm.
- Craven Brass Quintet has performed throughout North Carolina for twenty years and are known for their quality and versatility. The Craven Brass Quintet is comprised of: two trumpets, French horn, trombone, and tuba. Performing at the Bank of the Arts. Saturday: 4:00pm and at the Gazebo at CarolinaEast Union Point Park. Sunday: 2:15pm.
- Craven County High School students are performing a vocal selection from their upcoming all-county production of Disney’s High School Musical. Performing at the Gazebo at CarolinaEast Union Point Park. Saturday: 3:45pm.
- The New Bern Civic Theatre (NBCT) is performing a vocal selection from their upcoming musical Mary Poppins. Performing at the Pepsi Place Performance Area. Saturday: 1:00pm.
- The Tryon Palace Fife and Drum Corps has a stellar reputation of recreating 18th-century military tunes, and is easily one of the most visible and popular programs at Tryon Palace. Performing at the Main Gate of Tryon Palace – Saturday: 11:00am and 1:00pm. Performing at the Dance Stage – Saturday: 2:30pm.