The MumFest Kickoff Concert features Eric Paslay with Jordan Davis and Emily Minor, Friday, October 7!!
MumFest Musicians @ Bud Light Beer Garden
Ryan Kinder, Saturday October 8
Bryan Mayer, Sunday October 9
- The Static Drive is a local alternative rock, pop punk band that performs in Eastern NC. Members of The Static Drive are: Jesse Ray – Vocals and Guitar, Ian Felt – Bass. Performing at the Bud Light Beer Garden. Saturday: 11:30am-12:30pm.
- 4EverAll has performed up and down the Crystal Coast for several years and their first CD was released spring of 2015. It was recorded “Live” at Low Tide Studios in Wilmington, NC. 4EverAll performs covers from Simon & Garfunkel to the Beatles, The Dave Matthews Band, Zack Brown, The Allman Brothers and Alison Krauss. The duo also puts an unexpected “female” twist on songs traditionally performed by male artists like Led Zepplin, Bob Dylan, and Neil Young. Performing at the Bud Light Beer Garden. Saturday: 1:00pm-2:30pm.
- Caroline Dare is a 15 year old NC/Nashville, TN based singer/songwriter. She has been recognized by the Nashville Songwriters Association International (NSAI) as “One to Watch” for being a songwriter on the rise. She performs both acoustically and with her full band primarily in NC, SC, and Nashville. Performing at the Bud Light Beer Garden. Saturday: 3:00pm-4:30pm.
- Country and pop singer, Ryan Kinder, is a songwriter and multi-faceted musician who plays the guitar, piano and mandolin. From Nashville, Kinder refined his songwriting skills by working with songwriters like Jen Ketner and Luke Sheets. His debut album, Deconstructed Studio Sessions, was released in 2016 and includes his popular single from 2013, “Tonight.” His single “Kiss Me When I’m Down,” is a catchy, well-crafted song released in 2014. Performing at the Bud Light Beer Garden. Saturday: 5:00pm-6:30pm.
- Eastern North Carolina’s very own Bryan Mayer is a singer/songwriter whose live acoustical performances are extremely popular on the North and South Carolina music scene. His range includes James Taylor, Eric Clapton, Dave Mathews as well as his own originals. His song “This is Me,” was a Top 100 Country song that also broke into the Top 100 on the prestigious Music Row Charts based in Nashville. He has shared the stage with national acts ranging from southern rock legends like the Marshall Tucker Band and Blackfoot, to modern day chart toppers. Performing at the Bud Light Beer Garden. Sunday: 1:00pm-3:00pm.
- Magnolia Still is a bluegrass / Americana 5-piece string band with original sounds and fresh interpretations. The sound is made up of guitar, banjo, fiddle, upright bass, washboard, and rich 3-part harmonies. The Raleigh-Durham based band includes Meg Hamilton (lead vocals and washboard), Sarah Dunsmore (vocals and guitar), Caroline Venters (vocals and banjo), Cora Beth (fiddle), and Phil (bass, guitar, mandolin, vocals). Performing at the Bud Light Beer Garden. Sunday: 3:30pm-5:30pm.
Bank of the Arts
- New Bern Suzuki Strings is a group of talented violinists taught by concert violinist and teacher, Rachel Harmatuk Pino. Audiences have enjoyed their fun mix of folk, classical and pop music performed at events like MumFest, Carolina Chamber Music Festival Family Concert, New Bern Civic Strings concerts, and lobby performances prior to the North Carolina Symphony concerts! Performing at Bank of the Arts. Saturday: 11:00am.
- ENCORE, is a Show Choir composed of students from Craven Community College. These singing ambassadors represent the college in performances throughout the county. Directed by Chauncey Stevenson, the choir is made up of music majors as well as students from various degree programs. Performing at Bank of the Arts. Saturday: 12:30pm.
- Down East Dulcimers and Thursday Morn’ merge for certain performances because together they afford a wider range of instruments and vocal sound. The instruments represented are: hammered and lap dulcimers, fiddle, dobro, cajon drum, pennywhistle, harmonica, banjammer, U Bass, and mandolin. Both groups have played at many venues in New Bern. Their playlists include: Old Time fiddle and dulcimer tunes, Civil War, Around the World, Bluegrass, George Washington, Shakespeare and Celtic. Performing at Bank of the Arts. Saturday: 2:00pm.
- Strung Together is New Bern’s own Oliver family musical group. On a nice day, you’ll find them practicing on their front porch on East Front Street. They play folk, old-time, Americana, spirituals, a bit of bluegrass and a dash of country–the common theme is they perform songs they love. Playing music has made them closer as a family. Feel the music, feel the love. Performing at the Gazebo at CarolinaEast Union Point Park – Saturday: 11:30am and Sunday: 12:30pm. Performing at Bank of the Arts – Saturday: 3:45pm.
Pepsi Place Performance Area
- The New Bern Civic Theatre (NBCT) is performing a vocal selection from their upcoming musical Mary Poppins. NBCT has been a community based theatrical company for more than 40 years and performs at the Civic Theatre in downtown New Bern. Performing at the Pepsi Place Performance Area. Saturday: 1:00pm.
The Gazebo @ CarolinaEast Union Point Park
- Craven Brass Quintet has a music library that includes brass compositions from the Baroque, early American, Civil War, and Big Band eras. They also perform traditional Bavarian, New Orleans Dixieland, and Ragtime music. The Quintet has performed throughout North Carolina for twenty years and are known for their quality and versatility. The Craven Brass Quintet is comprised of: two trumpets, Dan Jones and Joe Brinson; French horn, Chris Mele; trombone, Max Mascia; and tuba, Brian McBride. Performing at the Gazebo at CarolinaEast Union Point Park. Sunday: 2:15pm.
- Craven County High School students are performing a vocal selection from their upcoming all-county production of Disney’s High School Musical. The show opens November 11 at Craven Community College’s Orringer Auditorium. Performing at the Gazebo at CarolinaEast Union Point Park. Saturday: 3:45pm.
- The Rivertowne Players is performing a vocal selection from their current musical James and the Giant Peach, Jr. Rivertowne is a volunteer community theatre that performs at the Masonic Theatre in New Bern’s Historic District. Performing at the Gazebo at CarolinaEast Union Point Park. Saturday: 11:15am. Sunday: 1:45pm.
Tryon Palace and Get Your Dance On
- The Tryon Palace Fife and Drum Corps has a stellar reputation of recreating 18th-century military tunes, and is easily one of the most visible and popular programs at Tryon Palace. Performing at the Main Gate of Tryon Palace – Saturday: 11:00am and 1:00pm. Performing at Get Your Dance On – Saturday: 2:30pm.